There’s not much worse than figuring out you’ve got water softener problems. Especially since there’s usually been plenty of damage done to your pipes, equipment, and dishes by all the hard water through your system in the time before you discovered the problem.
Hard water is a pain and if you’ve got water softener problems, you’re going to have to deal with them.
Some common water softener problems we’ve run into can be fixed easily with a simple adjustment or some cleaning, but other problems make it where you’ve got to replace your water softener entirely.
Common Water Softener Problems
- The motor stops working … it could be that your motor has seized up and needs to be replaced, or it could be that you’ve simply lost power to the unit. Check your breaker to make sure there’s still power available to your equipment.
- Check your regeneration control timer and valve. Something could be stuck. If your water softener problems lie in the fact that your resin beads aren’t being properly cared for, you can simply adjust the timer and valve and replace your beads.
- Check the level of your water softener salt in your tank. I can’t tell you the number of times people think their water softener problems are tied to something complicated, when really they just need to refill the darned thing.
- Check your filter for deposits. Depending on where you live, there could be high iron content in your water (or other elements, for that matter) that end up clogging your filter. Sometimes you can get away with just cleaning your filter. Other times, you need to replace it completely.
- You might have a leak – this is problematic and can result in water damage in your home. It can also lead to too much water flowing into your septic system and breaking down the bacteria there.
- Believe it or not, a good cleaning can eliminate many water softener problems. Like any piece of equipment, water softeners get dirty. Clean any part you can get to and try to restore it to original condition.
- It could also be that your water softer problems won’t be resolved unless you simply replace the thing.
Is There Permanent Solution to Water Softener Problems?
Well, yes, there is. You simply eliminate the need for a water softener in your home at all through the effective use of water conditioning, the eco-friendly way to have clearer, better-tasting water.
Aqua Magnets are a magnetic water conditioning system that reverses the negative effects of hard water without introducing harsh chemicals to your home or business.
Can Aqua Magnets End Water Softener Problems Once And For All?
Aqua Magnets are 100% maintenance free, which effectively puts an end to your water softener problems once and for all.
[Image Credit: Zach Klein]