Do you know there is a difference between a water conditioner vs. water softener? I had no idea there was a difference until I bought a house with very hard water.
What is a Water Conditioner vs. Water Softener?
In simplest terms, a magnetic water conditioner works without chemicals to treat your water. It is eco-friendly, and effective.
A water softener, on the other hand, removes minerals in your water which make it “hard” – primarily calcium and magnesium. It does this by swapping out these minerals for one of a couple of kinds of salt.
When it comes to softening water, various kinds of salt can be used:
- Rock salt for water softening is a mineral that occurs naturally. It usually comes in crystals or pellets. A disadvantage to using this sort of salt is that it is hard on your equipment and you’ve got to clean it regularly to keep it from messing things up. But, on the other hand, it is the least expensive of the salts.
- Evaporated salt comes from salt in underground mines that is dissolving. It has the highest concentration of sodium chloride.
- Potassium chloride is a salt that is less commonly used and is a combination of potassium and chlorine.
While hard water is undesirable softened water presents its own set of problems:
- The sodium content is very high and is not good for people, plants, or animals.
- Fresh water becomes contaminated with sodium.
- Salt can is bad for the environment.
- Salt will prevent the growth of plants.
- Metals are put in to the water supply through softening.
- Minerals naturally present in water are destroyed
Since hard water is a huge problem for most of the United States many people look at ways to soften their water. Most water softeners require large amounts of salt to soften the water. And they cost a lot of money.
Why Should You Use a Water Conditioner vs. Water Softener?
Water conditioning is any process that is used to condition water without chemical, mineral, or salt additives. Water conditioning is a smarter way to treat hard water because it is safer.
Aqua Magnets manufactures a system of conditioning water that is safe, simple, and easy to use. No chemicals or additives will ever be used with the Aqua Magnets system. Aqua Magnets change the state of the minerals in your water so they are available to you, your, pets, and you lawn and garden. With Aqua Magnets some of the benefits are:
- All your water will be safe for humans, plants and animals.
- Health giving minerals that occur naturally in the water are unchanged.
- There is no maintenance with Aqua magnets.
- You will save money and time.
If you are ready to address and eliminate your hard water problems, you’ve got to declare a victor in the battle of water conditioner vs. water softener… The Aqua Magnets conditioning system is the eco-friendly way to do it.
Remember, we offer a 90-day satisfaction guarantee, so if you try out our water conditioner vs. water softener and aren’t satisfied, simply return it for a full refund.
[Image Credit: Katherina G.]